To apply for the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS), you need to:
- Obtain the application form from HMRC. You need to request for the form in Welsh.
- If you’ve received advance assurance, you need to show copies of documents that have changed since you received advance assurance from HMRC.
- If you haven’t received advance assurance, you need to provide the following information about your company and any subsidiaries:
- Business plan and financial forecasts
- Latest accounts or bank statements
- An explanation of how you meet the risk to capital condition
- Information on all trading and activities to be carried out, and how much you expect to spend on each activity
An up-to-date copy of the memorandum and articles of association
- The information memorandum, prospectus or other document used to explain the fundraising proposal to your investors
- Information of any other agreements between your company and the shareholder
- A list of the amounts, dates and venture capital schemes under which you’ve previously received investment
- Any other documents to show you meet the qualifying conditions
- If you’re applying as a knowledge intensive company, you need to provide evidence of how you qualify as one.