Change of company address & who to inform and how

Read our quick guide on how to change your company address.

By Chris Andreou
Last updated
February 2, 2024
Free business accounting consultation for contractors, freelancers, self employed and limited companies

Speak to an accountant

Get a free 20 minute consultation about starting your business

Limited company accounting from £75

Change of company address & who to inform and how
Change of company address & who to inform and how

How to change your company address

If you change your company’s registered office address, you must inform Companies House. You can do so online, or by sending form AD01 to Companies House by post.

Do note that the change will only be official once Companies House has registered your new office address, and Companies House will notify HMRC once the change has been approved.

Your new registered office address must be in the same part of the UK that your company was incorporated at. For example, if your business was incorporated in England, the new registered address must be in England. You'll need to re-incorporate your company if you move to another part of the UK.

Small business owner creating a Limited Company
Registration, tax and limited company accounting support from £75/mo

We can help you with registering a limited company, take home pay, London business address, a dedicated accountant, accounting software and all your company filing from only £75/mo.

Read more Limited Company guides