As a limited company director, there are several important deadlines you need to be aware of. These are:
- File your Self Assessment tax return: 31st January 2022 for the 2020/2021 tax year
- Pay you Self Assessment tax: 31st January
- Registering for VAT: Register for VAT within 30 days of meeting the conditions for compulsory registration
- Filing and paying VAT returns: 1 month and 7 days after your VAT quarter end date
- Company accounts: First year accounts are due 21 months after incorporation. Subsequent accounts are due 9 months after the year end
- Corporation tax registration: You need to register within 3 months of trading commencing.
- File your corporation tax return: 12 months following the end of your accounting period
- Corporation tax payment: 9 months and 1 day following the end of your accounting period
- File your Confirmation Statement: You need to file a confirmation statement every 12 months, within 14 days after your confirmation date.